Sunday, October 9, 2011

Module 7- Verse Novels

Purple DazePurple Daze by Sherry Shahan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This verse novel was the epitome of a verse novel. It was beautifully written and the characters were very much alive. I could really feel the heartache of the things they were going through during this war-time era. I really enjoyed the verse and I felt that I really connected with the characters. I think this would be a great read for teens especially ones who don't like long novels. This gives them a great story and a lot of history on an important time. Verse novels are some of my favorites and I think this one was done well. It was hard to read at some points when the men were talking about the war but you could really feel the hurt and understand what they were going through. I would recommend this to teens.



View all my reviews


Shark GirlShark Girl by Kelly Bingham

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This verse novel was an enjoyable read. I really felt connected to the character and loved reading her story of being attacked by the shark. I think this novel works well as a verse novel because we get to connected with the character a lot more and get to hear her voice. I think Jane really learned things about herself and her strength by being attacked by the shark. Some of the verse is really beautiful in this novel and I think many teens can relate to some of the things she is feeling. No one can truly relate unless they have lost a limb but I think people can relate to her emotions of hurt and loss. I think verse novels are important to be recognized because they really give a way to be in touch with the characters emotions. Not all novels let the character's voice shine but verse novels are most of the time the character actually speaking and you get to see and feel what they are feeling. I really enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it to teens and adults alike.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment