Saturday, December 3, 2011

Module 14

Rapunzel's Revenge (Rapunzel's Revenge, #1)Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon Hale

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


RAPUNZEL'S REVENGE is one I think both teens and juvenile would like. It is a whole different tale of Rapunzel and its a fun one. Rapunzel has to go out and fight for what is rightfully hers and finds things about herself along the way. The graphics are really great and I love how Rapunzel uses her hair as a weapon. I was recommended this graphic novel by a bunch of different people and in different classes with different graphic novel options it has gotten great reviews so I figured I should read it. I liked it. I am not a huge graphic novel fan but there are some out there that I think are good and appropriate for specific age groups. It can be hard working in a library if a parent disagrees with their child checking out graphic novels because the parent thinks they are inappropriate. Sometimes graphic novels can be a great help to students who struggle with reading.
Graphic novels should be given a chance.



View all my reviews

Middle School Is Worse Than Meatloaf: A Year Told Through StuffMiddle School Is Worse Than Meatloaf: A Year Told Through Stuff by Jennifer L. Holm

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


MIDDLE SCHOOL IS WORSE THAN MEATLOAF is funny and witty and it is more of lists and notes and a compilation of things that Ginny the girl in middle school writes on or uses throughout the year. Like every so many pages there is her bank statement for the month telling how much she put in and took out, it pretty much evens back out every month. But I found it is a really fun book. It is in the juvenile section at our library and I think that many can relate to it with things happening in school or other things in their lives. It is a great book for students in middle school or around that age group to read. It is enjoyable but not too hard so students can feel a sense of accomplishment if they aren't big readers after having finished this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment