Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson/ Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

The Sky Is EverywhereThe Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I love this book. I think the poetry in it makes it extra special. I like to write poetry also so that was one of the reasons I really liked this book. I think teens would really like this book also. It has a love triangle involved and some teens can relate. Others who can't relate I think would like it to find out what happens. I really enjoyed it and I think I may just have to add it to my collection and read it again later.



Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2)Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I liked this book. It had good struggles in it and was a fast read. In class we had a discussion about why teens would relate to books like this. I think teens can relate because many are going through things like the characters are going through. The teenage boy, Carlos in the story is involved in drugs and violence and he thinks that makes him cool. But once he gets involved with this girl he wants out but can't really figure out how to get there without help. I think many teens don't know how to get out of a specific situation and don't know how to ask for help. Carlos didn't want help because he didn't want the people around him to get hurt but he got help anyways. I think any teens who are involved in a situation like this can relate to this story. I think even many boys would like reading this novel. It was a good read, and the one before it was too, I hear there is also a third one about the younger brother in their family. I may just have to add that one to my reading list too.



View all my reviews


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment