Thursday, September 29, 2011

Books for Module 5

I forgot to blog last week about the books I read so I am doing it now.

Beauty QueensBeauty Queens by Libba Bray

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this book and it's multiple narrators. I felt at times having the multiple narrators was a little hard to handle. Especially with everything else going on in the book but I did like getting to know all the characters. I think my favorite character was either Mary Lou or Adina. Mary Lou was more of a background voice but she was pretty funny. Taylor is from Texas and I thought I would really like her, but she seemed bossy and to about herself to me. I think I liked Adina because she really hated being in the pageant but did it anyway. I think every girl secretly dreams of being in a beauty pageant because our society is so about beauty and image now but not every girl gets to be. This book was funny and I see why it has gotten top ratings.



View all my reviews


Dash & Lily's Book of DaresDash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book was awesome! I love some of the images that were created with each new dare. I loved when Dash went to Lily's aunt's house in search of Lily and how he describes her aunt and everything that happens while he is there. I think both characters were very truthful and learned a lot about each other throughout the whole process. This is a fast paced read and very enjoyable. I loved following them on their dares and waiting to see what was going to happen next. Having this novel as a multiple narrator novel made it fun. As the reader I got to know each of the characters individually but also together as they learned about each other. I would definitely recommend this teens.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment